Smartbun Holiday Stuffing
A smart version of a classic dish – this Smartbun Holiday Stuffing is sure to please the whole family. It’s the season to spread love and cheer with friends and family over hearty and quite frankly not-so-good for you meals. Needless to say, making smart choices during the holidays can be a real challenge. We created this recipe to help you and your family stay on track and ready for a healthy New Year.
Feel free to add in any of your favorite holiday ingredients including dried cranberries, walnuts or Italian sausage.
4 Smartbuns, crumbled (Click here to order)
4 tablespoons butter
2 cups celery, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 teaspoons salt or chicken/vegetable bouillon
2 teaspoons dry ground or fresh chopped sage
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Crumble the Smartbuns in a large bowl.
3. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until transparent.
4. Mix in the stock, bouillon, and sage and remove from heat.
5. Pour the celery and onion mixture over the crumbled Smartbuns and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spread the stuffing into a greased pan and bake until cooked through, about 40 minutes.