Smartbun® Holiday Stuffing
A smart version of a classic dish – this Smartbun Holiday Stuffing is sure to please the whole family. It’s the season to spread love and cheer with friends and family over hearty and quite frankly not-so-good for you meals. Needless to say, making smart choices during the holidays can be a real challenge. We created this recipe to help you and your family stay on track and ready for a healthy New Year.
Feel free to add in any of your favorite holiday ingredients including dried cranberries, walnuts or Italian sausage.
- 4 Smartbuns, crumbled (Click here to order)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons salt or chicken/vegetable bouillon
- 2 teaspoons dry ground or fresh chopped sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crumble the Smartbuns in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until transparent.
- Mix in the stock, bouillon, and sage and remove from heat.
- Pour the celery and onion mixture over the crumbled Smartbuns and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the stuffing into a greased pan and bake until cooked through, about 40 minutes.